Honolulu Community College students are invited to attend several workshops on technology and digital lifestyle at the ’fifth annual Geek Day to be held Saturday, Feb. 22 at Leeward Community College.
The event from 10 a..m. to 3 p.m. features free hands-on workshops and demonstrations on topics ranging from from social media and cloud computing to digital photography and computer security. The sessions are designed for the general public, with several sessions geared specifically to educators, small businesses and non-profits.
All activities are free and open to the public.
Details on the daylong event are online www.leeward.hawaii.edu/GeekDay
Sessions include how to:
- Shoot Better Digital Photos (bring your own camera)
- Build Your Own App
- Build a Website with Adobe® Muse
- Paint on Bamboo Tablet
- Shop Smarter with your Smart Phone
- Use iPhoto More Effectively
- Discover Top Mobile Apps
- Draw with Adobe® Illustrator
- Understand Computer Security
- Use a No-Cost Alternative to Photoshop
- Create Easy Animations
- Hangout with Google +
- AND MORE:…