Graduation season is upon us and nothing will replace an in-person ceremony, however, the Student Life & Development office in cooperation with the campus student leaders and administration want to honor and acknowledge all of our hard working graduates this upcoming Commencement Celebration!
To celebrate your achievement, all graduates of Fall 2020 through Spring 2021 will be included in the “Honolulu Community College 2020 – 2021 Commencement Celebration” virtual ceremony. To participate, graduates can register to the online commencement by the deadline April 23, 2021 using the following link: https://commencement.hawaii.edu/honolulu/2021/
By registering, you can customize your personal webpage with pictures and quotes! Reminder: You must sign up through your hawaii.edu email address.
Personal Graduation Webpage Example:
Graduates can submit the following for their personal webpage:
- Up to 5 photos (720 dpi or higher resolution) and/or 3 personal messages (< 800 characters)
- A small photo description available for photos provided (< 150 characters)
- The list of degrees and/or certificates you completed at Honolulu Community College
- Categories asked to students may include campus organizations and societies such as Military, PTK, Student Leader, Kūlana Hawai’i Student, etc.
Graduates who participate in the online Graduation Commencement Celebration will also receive a FREE Graduation Swag Bag filled with graduation memorabilia, stickers, keychains, and more from Student Life & Development!
To get ready for this event, Student Life & Development is hosting a Professional Grad Photo Day on April 16, 2021 from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. for students to take Graduation portraits with Honolulu CC Chancellor, Karen Lee. Grad Photos will be in the Student Lounge by the Honolulu Bookstore. Only graduates will be allowed entry into the lounge for portraits. If you can’t make it to the professional photos, Casual Grad Photo Days will be hosted on April 15, 2021 & April 20, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for students to take Graduation portraits with a cardboard cut out of Chancellor Lee
You can use these photos to customize your personal webpage. All those who show up for photos get a FREE Cap & Tassel, and you will be able to take home your diploma cover and honor cords if applicable. Gowns will be available for students to use for Grad Photos. IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRAD PHOTO DAYS, YOU MUST SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT BY USING THE FOLLOWING LINKS. Reminder: You must make an appointment through your hawaii.edu email address. Please only reserve one time slot. No double-booking. We want each Graduate to have an opportunity.
- Professional Grad Photo Day (April 16, 2021 from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.): Graduation portrait with Chancellor Lee by a professional photographer – https://tinyurl.com/hccprofessionalgradphoto
- Casual Grad Photo Day (April 15, 2021 & April 20, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.): Graduation portrait with a cardboard cut out of Chancellor Lee – https://tinyurl.com/hcccasualgradphoto
Deadline to register and customize your personal webpage is April 23, 2021
The online Graduation Commencement Celebration website will be live on May 14, 2021
If you want to purchase graduation attire, diploma frames, and class rings please visit the Honolulu Bookstore: https://www.bookstore.hawaii.edu/hcc/default.asp