Aloha Honolulu Community College,
The HINET Hoʻōla ʻIke Program provides support services to assist students with college and workforce education training. Support services include tuition assistance, books, and mandatory fees, bus pass or mileage, uniforms, tools, service learning, etc. Students must qualify for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) and must meet eligibility requirements.
Are you eligible for the HINET Program?
1. Students’ home campus is at Honolulu Community College taking at least 6 credits or 3 credits of basic education course.
2. Student is majoring in a Career and Technical Education (CTE) program, for example, AJ, AERO, AEC, ABRP, AMT, CARP, CA, CSNT, COSM, DISL, ECE, EIMT, FT, FIRE, HSER, MELE, OESM, RAC, SMP, WELD.
3. Receiving SNAP benefits or is interested in applying (I can help them apply.)
You may be eligible to receive:
1. Tuition Assistance
2. BOOK Reimbursement
3. Support Services
- FREE Bus Pass monthly
- Gas Mileage up to $100 per month
- Supplies such as UNIFORMS and required TOOLS
- Cover Letter/Resume Assistance
4. Service Learning
5. Workforce Training
6. Educational Advising, Academic Coaching and Personal Support
If you are interested in the HINET program, please fill out the HINET application or inquire with Rovelyn Hermoso at 844-2395 or email@example.com.
HINET Program Coordinator
Reposted by Bryson Manuel
Ka Lā News staff writer