The University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges offers free online tutoring through Tutor.com. The online tutoring service is available to students who are taking at least one UH community college course during the current semester.
Tutors are always available 24/7 to help you in Math, English, History, Foreign Languages, Nursing and Healthcare, Physics, Biology, Science, Business, Computer Science, Social Sciences, etc.
Students will be able to:
- View replays and transcripts of previous sessions
- Drop off an essay for review and feedback
- Save your favorite tutors and set up appointments
- Take free practice quizzes
How do I connect to an online tutor?
- Sign in to myuh.hawaii.edu for access to Tutor.com.
- On the “Connect with a tutor” page, select your discipline, course/subject, and fill out the question or concept you want help with in your tutoring session.
- Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey.
- Decide if you want a voice session or you can dial into a conference line with your tutor once you start your session.
- Click “share a file” in the pre-session request form or in the online classroom to attach a file or screenshot of something you would like help with.
- After your session with a tutor, you can review it again at any time on your “sessions” page or save your tutor as a “favorite.”
- To have your paper be reviewed, click on the “Submit an Essay” tab and fill out the form.
- Upload the essay and your tutor will send you feedback within 12 hours.
- You will be notified by email and with a notice on your account page when your paper is ready. The paper will be returned to your sessions page under “My Account.”
For questions, please contact Tutor.com support or
By Allan Salvador
Ka Lā staff writer