University of Hawaiʻi officials will be on campus Thursday to hear student comments about proposed tuition increases for Fall 2017 through Spring 2020..
Officials will try to explain the rationale for the tuition proposal and what the increases will be used for.
After input is received and considered, a final recommendation will be presented to the UH Board of Regents at a public meeting for action in June 2016.
The meeting begins at 1 p.m. in the Loui Room (Bldg 2, Room 201).
Testimony can also be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Honolulu Community College is getting ready for its fourth annual Ho’olaule’a, which will be held on campus tomorrow, April 13.
This year we will have other activities such as coconut leave weaving, lei lā‘ī (kī or ti leaf) lei making and konane game. kōnane game (resembling checkers)
The event runs from10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. April 13, 2016 from at Ka Māla o Niuhelewai, the campus garden near the keiki center.
The next few weeks are one of the busiest times of the year on campus. Take a look at just some of the upcoming events and plan accordingly:
- The registration guide is out. Registration is open for continuing students.
- Career Fair – Today (April 12)
- Sustainability Showcase – Today (April 12)
- Honolulu Authority on Rapid Transit (HART) Presentation – Today (April 12) (1:00-2:30)
- Library and Faculty Development talk by Jerry Saviano “Super Friends vs. Dr. Jargon: Comic Books and Critical Theory” – Today (April 12, 1:30-2:30)
- Ka Mala o Niuhelewaiʻs Hoʻolauleʻa Event – April 15, 10:30-1:00
- Natural Library Week – April 11-15. With a “libraries transform” theme, the library has new computers, printers, furniture, and other changes.
- Miss Representation film – April 13 (4:30-6:30)
- Public meeting on tuition increase – April 14 (1:00-3:00)Last FAFSA workshop – April 29
- Poetry Reading by students and Eric Shaffer at HonCC Library – April 20 (1:15-2:15)
- Star Awards Program, April 23, 5:30 p.m.
- Art & Soul Open House. April 28, 10:30 to 1 p.m.)
- Graduation – May 13.